Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Spiderman and the Butterfly

Last week my family was in town visiting and we only get to see each other about once a year. I was able to spend a lot of time with my two nieces and my nephew and it was a lot of fun. We decided to have a little birthday celebration for the two oldest kids because their birthdays were coming up in the month of July.

My nephew loves Spiderman so I made him a Spiderman cake and it turned out great.

For the actual cake my nephew requested a strawberry and vanilla swirl cake. I haven't done a swirl cake ever that I can recall so I was really excited to make it.

My niece's nick-name in her family is Butterfly so I made her a smaller personal cake with a nice pink and yellow butterfly on top with some green leafy foliage around the sides.

Both of them really loved their cakes and I had a lot of fun making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment