Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Orange Cranberry Muffins


I got a bag of fresh cranberries in my Bountiful Basket a few weeks back and have been at a loss about how to use them. (My son will actually eat them like popcorn... but that's not my favorite snack.)

On the bag of cranberries was a recipe for lemon cranberry muffins but I prefer orange with my cranberries so I tweaked it. I am also trying to avoid processed sugars so these muffins are only sweetened with Stevia, honey and agave nectar.


I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do!


Ingredients:
2 cup fresh cranberries (sliced)
1/2 cup milk (you can substitute your favorite kind of milk, like almond, coconut etc.)
1/2 cup Agave & Honey (I filled my 1/2 measuring cup 2/3 full with agave and the rest with honey)
1/4 cup powdered Stevia
1/4 cup coconut oil (melt to get it in a liquid form)
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
Zest from one large orange (you can use lemon zest if you prefer)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup almond flour (you can leave this out, but be sure to add 1/2 cup of regular flour in its place)


Mix together: Milk, agave/honey/stevia, salt, eggs, oil, vanilla & zest
In a separate bowl mix together the flours and baking powder.
Then add these to the wet ingredients till fully combined.
Fold in your sliced cranberries.

350 degrees Fahrenheit
Bake 18-20 minutes
makes about 20 regular muffins
Enjoy!


2 comments: