Thursday, September 22, 2016

Re-Gifting

My family and I are on a tight budget at the moment but I still want to take gifts to our friends weddings. So I have become resourceful re-gifting free stuff I have received.

I would say the first key to giving free gifts is DON'T throw everything away. Hang on to the good stuff that you could re-gift, or even use as gift wrap.

The tulle I use in these gifts was fabric used at my own wedding reception 6 years ago. My mother-in-law used it as part of the greeting line and let me keep it after word. It smashes down pretty small, so not a lot of storage space taken up.

I've also held onto gifts we received but never used. 


 This gift was a set of kitchen tools we never opened that we got as a gift at our wedding.
 To make it look nice I took it out of the box and wrapped some burlap with tulle around the base of the container.

I also tied some tulle around the utensils to make them stand up and not fall together.
 Then I took out some threads from the burlap to
tie the top of the tulle together instead of
using a ribbon.







 I inserted a card and voila!



I thought it turned out pretty nice.


This next gift, believe it or not was totally free!

 My husband brought the  "LOVE" blocks home from his job last year around Christmas time when his company was raffling off product samples they had received. I think they're super cute but I have no where to put them. I held on to them and new they'd come in handy.

The baking pan, whisk and measuring spoons I got from our friends who got married a while back. They were both already set kitchen supplies wise and let us pick through the left overs.

The cookie mix I got lucky to receive. It came from my mother-in-law who has celiacs disease. She got it as a Christmas gift from people she worked with. I never used it so it made a great addition to this "cooking up some love" gift.



 Our friend's fiance has a 3-year-old girl and I thought it would be a nice addition
to give her a small gift too.
 I was fortunate enough to be handed a bag full of plastic animals in all shapes and sizes. I've only given my son a few here and there as prizes for road trips and things, so I still have a lot left over. I found as many cute and small farm animals as I could and put them in a box for her. Yet again free toys.
 I pulled up my tulle and used a clear twist tie. Then later I added the ribbon.

 I wrote on the card, " The most important ingredient in any marriage is LOVE." 
Cheesy? Maybe, but super cute.


So moral of the story: If you're given/offered something free that is legit, think twice before throwing it out or turning it down. Be thrifty and creative, anything could be re-gifted!

No comments:

Post a Comment